The Malta Community Chest Fund Foundation receives donations of human hair. The hair is made into wigs by experts abroad, funded by the Foundation, and donated to persons with diverse medical conditions.
The Malta Community Chest Fund Foundation Offices are located as follows:
- The Grandmasters’ Palace, Valletta
- The Brokerage, St Martha Street, Victoria Gozo
- Sir Anthony Mamo Oncology Centre
The Process how to cut the hair from which the wigs will be made;
- The hair should be gathered in a top or more than one according to the length of the hair.
- The top to be cut must not be shorter than 30 cms or 8 inches.
- The top must be well tied with a tie band so that it does not come loose.
- It should never be sent wet or braided.
- It must be wrapped in kitchen paper and placed in a bag together with the name and address of the donors.
- Hair donations are to be sent by post to the following address
Pjazza San Gorg
Valletta – VLT 115,
- Or delivered by hand to the MCCF Office in Valletta which is open from Monday to Friday from 9am to 3pm
- If the hair sent is shorter than 30cms or 11 inches, a thank you letter cannot be issued, so we recommend that if the hair is not long enough, you wait a few more months before it is cut to ensure that it can be used for wigs.